Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Volcanos and Vitamins.

As well as my usual daily quota of doing 'cute' things to keep Gabby amused/interested, we have been getting a little bit wild lately in a town called Banos, which sits just under a 5500 meter high Volcano in the Ecuadorian Andes. I've been here before, about 3 years ago with my friend Josh, except this time I'm not depressed and lost which is quite a thing.

The town contained a rock 'n' roll bar, which we both frequented. The owner was a cool dude who even let me programme my own playlist, which he played every time I was there, which was a lot, which was awesome, which made me come back a lot, which now makes me realise he was pretty clever. I'm also a bit of a local legend now after winning a game of pool in the most awesome of fashions. I was playing a local guy with the bet of a bottle of beer as the winnings. As it was, I was actually out of money and couldn't pay for his beer should I lose. He broke and sunk one ball, I then proceeded to win the game by sinking every single one of my balls in one turn! It was glorious!

Anyway, we got outside and did some stuff including a tour of the regions waterfalls in this amusing vehicle.

Among the waterfalls were many families basking in the earthly minerals they provided....... And to be seen!!!!


Next day it was time to ascend this great big volcano, this time on quad bikes. I've never been one for 'lazy bikes' as I like to call them, but at this altitude there is no way I was going to ride a mountain bile up there. It was great fun and we went pretty bananas on them, it just cracks me up that you can rent an extremely powerful quad bike over here, capable of going well over 100kph and just ride it wherever you like - off road, up volcanoes, amongst traffic etc. Close to the top was a really neat swing over a steep drop which really gave you the sensation of flying. This is Gab flying off into outer-space.


The sight of two men in their 40's pushing each other on a swing, giggling like school girls was one to remember.



This is an interesting one, I haven't touched up or cropped these pics at all by the way, just shot them in sepia. This is the most bizarre lens flare I've ever seen.


Tomorrow we head south for more mountain related activity then into Peru within a few days, see you soon Oli and Kate!

3 comments:

  1. I would like a 'Thug Lyfe aint easy' option in the reactions area.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing Ross, I will see what I can do. The options are a little generic I guess. Miss you, how's your pecker?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pecker has never been the same, and probably never will be.

    ReplyDelete